Thursday, March 26, 2009

Progess

I'm making some progress as of the past few weeks. I've been a little more prolific with my music, and I've done a little better with promotion, and I've gotten some more responses from people who like my work. I've started doing several collaborations all at once, when I had never really done anything at all before.

I really just want to dive right into my music and start making money from it so I can really have a reason to pursue only music. I'm swamped with school at the same time though, so keeping up the music related business is hard to focus on at the same time as maintaining good grades and such at Purdue. But it just so happens that unless I receive a lot of free money from somewhere, I just might be dropping out of college because I can't afford it any longer. But you never know, I wasn't sure if I'd still be in school this semester and here I am.

But as for music, I remade Never the Same over spring break and I hope to remake many others soon too. I also have lots of new songs that are waiting to be completed. I can't wait until I've got enough time to complete all this, it's gonna be grand.

My computer's being a douche bag though, it randomly decided that I wasn't allowed to use my Asian type anymore, just got rid of my language bar. And no matter how many times I restart my computer or reinstall the language packs, it just won't work. I'm currently set to an old 98 windows theme so it's possible that has something to do with it, but if I change it and it still doesn't work, I'll reformat. That's the key to all of life's problems. Just start over. Dust yourself off and try again.

If you're a fan of Utada Hikaru like I am, then you're probably as excited as I am about her finally making some progress in the states. If you don't know who she is, basically she grew up half in NewYork, half Tokyo, and has perfect English and Japanese, and became a famous singer is Japan at 15 yrs old, her first album selling more than any other album in Japanese history. But she's always been super famous in Japan, but not America even though she was born here. But anyway, she's releasing an English album that will be in stores May 12 and is already on iTunes. I like to support her, but I can't really afford to buy the iTunes album when I know I'll be buying the physical copy in stores. I'm a starving college artist.

I took a pic today on the city bus, somebody had stuck a bandaid on the seat next to where I was sitting. I though it was such a stereotypical public bus thing to see I had to take a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment